Skip to main content

One Shot RPG - May Project Na Naman si Kapitan?


I've made a micro-rpg based from John Harper's Laser+Feelings contained universe format and Blades in the Dark's fortune roll and vice-stress system. Posted it as my entry for the DREAMJAM in itch.io. 

It's a one-shot investigation of concerned citizens about a dubious local project. You can check and download it here as a PWYW product.

UPDATE (Aug 29, 2019): I have updated the product to its release version, and now costs $2.50. You can still download the demo version, which is the same game in text form, without any layout nor image.




It's in Tagalog-English though, as a good part of its humor and style is based on the language. Not sure if I'll make a full English version. 

This is just a playtest document, so no guarantee that everything will be the same. Will showcase the final version in the upcoming Session Zero rpg event.

UPDATE (Aug 29, 2019): I have released the game in the said event! It was mildly successful, and final version is up now in itch.io. 

For updates, do check my itch.io page as I will post changelogs there. 

Comments

Highlights

Troika Background - Gurren Lagann Notables

Because of a friend's influence, I decided to watch Gurren Lagann's momentous scenes last weekend as a hype-feel watch for the incoming Session Zero event. I've finished one of my games, "May Project na Naman si Kapitan?" (see previous blogpost), and cut losses on my other game that is not going well, development-wise. This feels-trip watch inspired me to do Troika backgrounds for 2 notable characters, Simon and Viral. Check them out below. - - -  source . used without permission Spiral Digger of Heavens You were once a mech pilot and warrior, wielder of a metaphysical energy called Spiral, who helped liberate your world against a universe-threatening force. Along the way you have lost many of your comrades, your mentor, and your lover. Now that life and growth have been restored in your world, you understand that you are no longer needed there. You wander around the cosmos helping those who have need help drilling through the walls and ceilings tha

Momentum - Hack from Ironsworn

So a while back I've played a few games of Ironsworn. If you haven't played it, it's a game of quest-driven characters seeing their stories unfold in a perilous land . Nothing grand about the setting, but I did like some of its subsystems and the way it frames usual gaming constants like initiative and supply. But for now I'd like to toy with its momentum subsystem, which is a core part of the game. It gives the play a heroic and dramatic feel: accumulated successes lead to point where you can grab control a crucial moment in your journey. At the same time, continuous failures will make your usual strong moments a bit more risky. It won't make the game swingy, like how usual meta-currency subsystems work. So I tried converting it for d20 games. Usable in D&D 5E, D&D 4E, Knave, or any d20 game that has a roll over DC/TN resolution system. - - - image from Ironsworn book. used without permission Momentum Score Momentum is a mechanic that repres